Lean & Green: 0% CO2 emissions thanks to 100% collaboration
Reduce your CO2 emissions in transport and logistics with the Lean & Green initiative - at your pace. You decide yourself in which timeframe and with which measures you want to save how many relative CO2 percentages. During implementation, you receive valuable input and experience from the Lean & Green community. Every success is rewarded with an award.
The Lean & Green initiative was launched in Holland in 2008 on behalf of the government and has now established itself in 15 European countries and over 500 participating companies. One of the strengths of the initiative, in addition to the standardized approach to CO2 measurement and reduction, is the ongoing development by participants. Today, you can achieve up to 5 Lean & Green stars. A European label for internationally operating companies is also available.
How Lean & Green works
With your registration, you commit to creating an action plan tailored to your company to reduce CO2 emissions. If this passes the test by GS1 Switzerland, you will receive the Lean & Green Award. At the end of the action plan's term, you must have its success verified by an independent certification body. If you have achieved the goals, you will receive the first Lean & Green star. Two events per year, organized by GS1 Switzerland, serve as a platform for exchange with other participants. If you need support in creating the action plan or implementing it, you can call on coaches and solution providers from the Lean & Green community.
The community of Lean & Green Switzerland
Winner Lean & Green 2nd Star
Winner Lean & Green 1st Star
Winner Lean & Green Award
The Lean & Green Initiative
The Lean & Green initiative was launched in Holland in 2008 on behalf of the government and has now established itself in 15 European countries and over 500 participating companies. One of the strengths of the initiative, in addition to the standardized approach to CO2 measurement and reduction, is the ongoing further development by the participants. Today, up to 5 Lean & Green stars are achievable, and a European label for internationally operating companies is also available.
What services do the companies benefit from
As a participant of Lean & Green Switzerland, you will receive access to the following benefits during your membership:
- Use of the Lean & Green brand
- Award of the Lean & Green Award or Lean & Green Star
- Review of the action plan
- Public relations
- Knowledge exchange in the international Lean & Green network and in the GS1 Switzerland network (e.g. events)
The certification institute must be commissioned directly by you.
How is the procedure?
- Register for the Lean & Green initiative according to the Regulations.
Fill out the registration form and send it by e-mail to GS1 Switzerland. Please note the participation fees.
- Decide whether you would like to engage a coach.
Find a list of coaches and providers here.
- Create the Action Plan and send it to GS1 Switzerland.
- Decide if you want to engage Solution Providers to implement the measures and if so, which ones? Here you will find a list of providers.
- GS1 Switzerland will review the action plan and approve or reject it.
- Once the action plan is approved, you can start implementing the measures.
- Create a semi-annual monitoring report and send it to GS1 Switzerland.
- You receive the Lean & Green Award during the Lean & Green Award event.
- You commission a certification institute for a Lean-&-Green-Audit, as soon as the objectives have been achieved or all measures have been taken. Cost estimates are available upon request from GS1 Switzerland.
- Conduct the audit with the certification institute and send the result to GS1 Switzerland.
- If successful, you will be awarded the Lean & Green Star.
Lean & Green - Across Europe
Lean & Green is now established in 15 countries and at over 500 companies.
News about Lean & Green
GS1 network online article (in German):
Zwei Organisationen, ein Ziel: grüne Logistik (Artikel vom 22.12.2022)
Zingg Transporte, Krummen Kerzers und Lidl Schweiz erhalten Auszeichnungen für CO2-Reduktion (Artikel vom 09.06.2022)
Grüne Logistik im Fokus (Artikel vom 18.06.2021)
Krummen Kerzers erhält den Lean & Green 1st Star (Artikel vom 21.12.2020)
Schöni Transport: Grün dank Biodiesel und Solarstrom (Artikel vom 15.10.2020)
«Ich möchte tun, wovon andere nur reden» (Artikel vom 15.10.2020)
CO2-Reduktion in Transport und Logistik (Artikel vom 27.03.2018)
Krummen Kerzers erhält Award von Lean & Green Switzerland (Artikel vom 22.02.2018)
Chep setzt sich für Nachhaltigkeit in der Supply Chain ein (Artikel vom 20.02.2018)
Coop und Lidl erste Lean & Green Awardträger der Schweiz (Artikel vom 11.01.2018)
Presentation of the Lean & Green Awards 2021 as part of the SLA 2021.
The Lean & Green Awards were presented this year for the first time as part of the Swiss Logistics Awards on June 16, 2021. We congratulate Schöni Transport on the award, Swiss Post and Krummen Kerzers on the first star and Coop as the first company in Switzerland on the second star.
Read the report on the award ceremony here.
Video of the award ceremony 2021
Presentation of the Lean & Green Awards 2022 as part of GS1 Excellence Days 2022
The Lean & Green Awards 2022 were presented for the first time in 2022 as part of the GS1 Excellence Days and the Swiss Logistics Award 2022 on June 8, 2022.
Lean & Green - Platform for the exchange of experience
Lean & Green is not only about the individual optimisation of the CO2 footprint but also about the exchange of experiences with other participating companies. The focus is on inspiring each other through commitment and showing new ways of reducing CO2. In addition, the Lean & Green participants are open to further sustainable ideas and projects. To promote these encounters, GS1 Switzerland organises an annual inspiration event.